I’ve created the perfect AR-15. Well, in my mind at least. It’s as lightweight as possible, accurate enough for most work, and fires the .300 AAC Blackout round. I took it out this past weekend to Peacemaker National Training Center to give it a go at some steel 250 yards away, and using nothing but iron sights and a red dot I was hitting it more regularly than with my scoped Weatherby Vanguard. And by “more regularly” I mean about a 95% hit rate with variable and gusting winds. Video here (or hopefully below).
Here’s the parts list:
- Advanced Armament Complete 16″ .300 AAC Blackout Upper ReceiverÂ ($1080)
- Primary Arms Red Dot and Base ($118)
- Magoul MBUS Rear Sight ($58)
- Aero Precision Stripped Lower with Parts Kit ($135)
- Magpul MOE+ Grip ($23)
- Timney Trigger ($210)
- Magpul ASAP ($30)
- DPMS Milspec buffer tube ($36)
- Bravo Company Spring and Buffer ($16)
- Magoul MOE Stock ($60)
- Surefire MAG5-60 High Capacity Magazine ($129)
Total build: $1,895 + tax + shipping.